Aret Baseware Review

So tragedy has struck, guys and gals. I was packing up my Osprey Tempest 40 last week, and noticed something seemed... Off. Take a look.

One of these straps is not like the other!
It appears that my load strap and my handle were sewn in the wrong spots. Sad day! Luckily Osprey has great customer service, so I'm packing the bag (Ha!) and sending it off to them to see if they can repair it. If not, they'll replace it, although I'm a little sad for two reasons. 1) I had just gotten it nice and dirty so I didn't look like a trail newbie anymore 2) They don't make this color scheme for the Tempest 40 anymore and while I pretend that colors don't matter on my gear, I really liked it.

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes, I'm always interested to see how the customer service is for outdoor gear companies. So far so good with these guys, an actual person responded to me, explained the process thoroughly and had a UPS shipping label send to my email before you could say "trekking pole".

Now, on to my gear review! I unfortunately missed celebrating National Trail Day this weekend (Hope you all got out to enjoy it!). That doesn't mean I can't wear my gear around the house. I assume if it's comfortable to run/lounge/do dishes in, it means there's at least a chance it'll be comfortable outside, right? Anyway. I did a review of my Sherpa Adventure t-shirt on one of the first posts and it continues to impress me. So. Comfy. It withstood the heat and humidity of running through some of the local cypress swamps here, wicked away all my sweat and kept me happy and dry.

My main review is going to be on the Aret Baseware Toura Low Cut Sports Bra. Now, I'm currently on a mission to find the best, most comfortable sports bra out there. Why is that so hard? Why is it the straps always dig in to my shoulders, or the bra is too tight, or not tight enough, or somehow is ALWAYS sweaty? Sorry to be gross, but I noticed that I'm not the only one who's taking an issue with this. Outside Magazine had a recent article about the best sports bras on the market, I assume as part of their campaign to get more women outdoors.

Anyway, I don't know how, but I stumbled across Aret Baseware. The company actually caters to climbers, hikers and swimmers, and they make a line of sports bras that you can climb and swim in. They seemed to get pretty good reviews though so I thought I'd give them a try. The bras come in two cuts, low and high, and they recommend you choose one or the other based on cup size. I looked through their thorough size chart and went with the low cut.

Ordering was really simple; the site was clean and easy to use. I loved that they had women modeling the sports bra that looked like they actually climbed, hiked and swam, and didn't just get plucked from some modeling agency (bravo, Aret). The bra shipped almost immediately and got here in just a few days. I was excited to try it.

Guys. Guys. This is the best sports bra ever, seriously. It's so comfortable I WANT to wear it around. I was worried the straps would be too thin, but something about the design makes the bra a pleasure to wear, and it's pretty good looking to boot. I haven't taken it out on a long run or worn it with a backpack yet (because RIP Osprey Tempest), but so far so good. I'll throw a link to their site down at the bottom of the page.

I'll update you when I put it through more rigorous testing than lounging in my hammock or doing some gently yoga, but for now I give it two big thumbs up and will probably look to get another in the future.

Until next time, Adventurers!

 Aret Basewear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Adventure

On Ferry Thoughts